What’s a Cloud Phone System?
A Cloud-based Phone System, aka Hosted PBX or Hosted VoIP, is a solution where a carrier owns and manages all business telephony networking equipment and enables you to make calls over a broadband internet connection. It’s a more cost-effective, multi-functional, and flexible alternative to an analog phone line or an On-Premise PBX.
Cloud Phone System Benefits
- Integrates with other communication services and apps to create a unified experience. See Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)
- Advanced Features like hunt group, time-a-day routing, auto attendant, music on hold, click to call, selective call forwarding, on-phone corporate directory, mobile integration, and more
- Cost Reduction, due to less equipment, installation and maintenance needed
- LD & International Charges are greatly reduced
- Less IT Staff needed because carrier handles implementation and hosting
- Increased Mobility, allowing workers to access the phone system from any mobile device
- Highly Scalable and easy to expand, allowing you to seamlessly add or reduce new phones and increase or decrease bandwidth requirements, when needed
- Online Management Tool, allowing users to change features, options, and services dynamically through a simple interface